Wednesday 14 December 2011

VH1

I believe music is a vital part of someones personality. Personally I'm extremely into indie rock and rock from the 60's. I also love the general air of music from the 80´s and I'm a huge Bon Jovi, Queen and Lady Gaga fan. Thsi of course shows that my music tastes are extremely varied, but I don't see this as a problem because once you get to know me it makes sense. I believe this is true for anyone.
Now, what has this got to do with the title? Well, one of my greatest pleasures is to lie on my sofa, snuggled in a blanket, eating chocolate and watching VH1.
I find it extremely educational because of the range of music the channel covers. This is why I hate general MTV. It rarely shows music videos anymore, but focuses on disgusting reality television. However, MTVHD is slightly better as it does showcase a lot of music, although not a very broad range. MTV Rocks is similar, although of course focused on rock.
One of my favourite programmes is when a rockstar presents a list of their top 50 songs. I find this fascinating, as it allows you to view musical inspiration first hand, from the musician themselves.
Another cool thing about VH1 is how their advertisements comprise completely of video clip mashups. It's very interesting to see the different muscial generations and genres blended together so effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment